NOTIFICATION OF SUMMARY OF COMPLAINT PROCESS FOR HARASSMENT/DISCRIMINATION CLAIMS
It is the policy of Conner Creek Academy East schools not to discriminate or harass on the basis of race, color, sex (including but not limited to sexual orientation, gender identity), religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, height, weight, genetics, or marital status in its programs, services, activities, or employment. As a student or employee of Conner Creek Academy East schools you are protected from discrimination and harassment.
If you are a student you may not be discriminated against on the basis of the above in:
Admission to schools
Access to courses
Access to and use of school facilities
Counseling and guidance materials, tests, and practices
Student rules, regulations, and benefits
Treatment as a married and/or pregnant student
School-sponsored extracurricular activities
Most other education related services
If you are an employee, you may not be discriminated against on the basis of the above in:
Access to employment, including: recruitment policies/practices, advertising, application procedures, and testing and interviewing practices.
Hiring and promotion, including: selection practices, application of nepotism policies, demotion, layoff, and termination, tenure.
Compensation, including: wage and salaries, extra compensation
Job assignments, including: classification and position descriptions, lines of progression, seniority lists, assignment and placements.
Leaves of absence, including: leaves for temporary disability, maternity leave and related medical conditions.
Fringe benefits, including: Insurance plans, retirement plans, vacation time, travel opportunities, selection and support for training, employer-sponsored programs.
Labor organization contracts or professional agreements
If you believe that you have been discriminated against or harassed on the basis of any of the above stated reasons, you may make a claim that your rights have been denied. This claim or complaint may be filed with the Director of Human Resources (Title IX/Civil Rights Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also file a complaint of illegal discrimination or harassment with the Office for Civil Rights at (800)482-3604 or MDCRservicecenter@michigan.gov.
In preparing for your complaint you should give thought to the following:
- Name and address of the employer, school, agency or public place or service about which you want to complain.
- Dates of any incidents you want to include in your complaint that took place in the last 180 days. A waiver to this timeframe may be requested.
- Names of any persons who discriminated against you or harassed you, if you know their names. Describe them if you do not know their names.
- Names, addresses and/or telephone numbers of any witnesses to incidents you want to complain about. If you do not know the names or contact information of witnesses, provide the best information you have about how to locate them.
- Copies of any work policies which you feel were unequally applied.
- Copies of any memos or disciplinary actions you want to complain about.
- Information about any other actions you have taken about the cited incidents.
- Names of people, if you know of any, who did the same thing you did and were not treated the way you were. Be prepared to describe their circumstances including approximate dates, persons who treated these people differently from you, and names of persons who could verify the circumstances.
- Name and contact information for your union representative, if applicable. Name and address of union local, if applicable.
- The status of a grievance, if you have filed one.
If you wish to discuss your rights under Title IX, ADA, ADEA, Rehabilitation Act, Civil Rights Act of 1964, or any other laws, to obtain a copy of the full complaint procedure, or to obtain help in filing a complaint, contact the district’s Title IX/Civil Rights Coordinator or the 504 Coordinator listed above.
Please use the links and/or attachments below:
2016-2017 District Annual Education Reports
District AER: https://goo.gl/y5v1aK
Elem AER: https://goo.gl/JLJtZ8
Middle AER: https://goo.gl/rq5DBw
High AER: https://goo.gl/T9YbX4