School Board Core Beliefs:
As a school board, we believe we must maintain oversight to ensure that the administration and other stakeholders value the following beliefs:
- Schools are most effective when parents and students are actively engaged in the learning process and set learning goals.
- Schools are most effective when they provide an equal opportunity to learn through the incorporation of a variety of learning activities.
- School board members, teachers, administrators, parents, students, and the community share the responsibility for helping students learn and maintain mutual respect.
- Schools are most effective when our staff maintains high expectations for learning.
- Schools are most effective when students link new information with exiting knowledge in meaningful ways.
CCAE and Michigan Collegiate School Board of Education focuses on providing an environment that inspires and empowers, and promotes student academic potential and civic responsibilities in a diverse environment while promoting fiscal responsibility.
CCAE will be recognized as having an exemplary public school academy board. This will be evidenced by:
- CCAE Board of Directors will be the standard by which other charter school boards are measured.
- CCAE will provide technology that is not older than 5 years old.
- All CCAE students who take the NWEA-MAP Assessment will show one year’s growth from Fall to Spring testing.
- CCAE Board of Directors will promote retention among students through graduation.